Jaxxyn Wood, a 12-year old who was awake at 3:30AM playing video games smelled something like "Legos on fire", discovered that the family's ice maker was burning and smoke was spreading all over the house. He tried putting it out as much as he could with water, but then he had to evacuate his family from out of the house. Jaxxyn said he went upstairs and woke up his sisters. They helped him wake up everyone else in the house and get them outside safely. A total of nine people were inside the home when the fire started. Jaxxyn was the only one awake.
His family praised Jaxxyn's quick actions; they're calling him a hero. "I'm just thanking God," he said. Jaxxyn said he learned what to do in emergencies like this at school. "A fireman came to our school and he said if there's ever a fire there's most likely gonna be smoke in the air," he said. "So you want to duck down and get everyone you can and get out."
So my message to Jaxxyn is: That is a great thing you did buddy! You knew what to do in a situation like this, and in my book, that makes you a hero. Thank God that you were actually able to do what they taught you in school, and keep on gaming buddy.
So, this gives the media something to think about when it comes to video games, that goes for the NRA and politicians as well. Like I said before, video games don't cause any harm. As for the parents, next time, get your smoke detectors working, because you have to be more strict with safety precautions at home, not just at work, but more than everything at home with your family.
Once again Jaxxyn, great job in saving your family!
God Bless and Play Hard Gamers!